Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Your list of goals is quite impressive and what's more impressive is you already have an update and can cross a few off or at least on the way to that.
The Wikipedia goal made me laugh. You are such an "out of the box" thinker only you would want an entry for J. Wilde in Wikipedia. What exactly would we find under your entry?
Have you noticed the underlying theme to many of your goals? The green back, root of all evil, the grease that turns the wheel, the almighty dollar. At this point in time the almighty dollar moniker doesn't really fit. Anyway, time to get busy. I think you may need to increase your money flow. Certainly, going to have to pace yourself on completing some of the more pricey items.
I think the way to accomplish the Net Jets is to just get your own pilots license then you can just own your own plane and fly it yourself. Of course, this isn't the easy solution to that goal but neither is having the money to pay for Net Jets.
Your maid/housekeeper and assistant goals ought to be combined into one. You just need one great personal assistant that will do the minor housekeeping chores between weekly visits by the regular maid plus all the other full-time assistant responsibilities. If she's good she could do it. Notice it would have to be female.
Would love to see Madonna in concert too, but not necessarily one of her raunchy shows. Just the good ole early "Like a Virgin", etc. stuff!
Your private show goal would make a great 40th birthday celebration since that's the next big one you have coming!!
You are such the techie fan and your goal of a full-time CTO maybe you've missed your calling of career fields. And this is a thought to go along with the "Three Girls" post. Have you ever considered moving out of San Angelo and going West? Girl number one, what a catch! Maybe a move would be the catalyst that set everything in motion to completion of all your goals? Just trying to think "out of the box" like LOW. This can be difficult for the Compass.
The Book, what will the category of your book be, autobiography? random stories? Self help?
The Compass has never been good at setting goals and following through. I've always had the philosophy I'm living today and will take things as they come. A goal seems like one more deadline I've got to meet. Such pressure. So I'll call mine wishes....
1. working more from home - working in a very traditional office has limited the freedom to move to more hours put in from home. Not much I can't do from home that I do in the office. It would involve changing people's thinking which isn't easy.
2. I like the idea of writing a book but I would label mine a children's book. A 500 page novel is much more daunting than 20 pages of a children's book with beautiful illustrations.
3. carpenter internship - I would love to spend time with a carpenter or 'home improvement' person and learn the trade. I can do some on my own but never know if I'm really doing it right and there's lots more I'd like to know.
4. rodeo/horse shows - I was once active in rodeos and horse shows but life has gotten in the way. It would be great to get back to it, but it is an expensive and time consuming hobby. This one I may have to live vicariously through my children. I wonder what Dr. Phil would have to say about that?!
5. Las Vegas NFR box seats - Why? I don't know. I think the atmosphere would be something to experience and yes, I'm just hick enough to want to be in the big middle of it.
6. travel to Europe - Huge fan of "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons." I want to see the historical places he wrote about. Though they are sure not to be as exciting as in the novel still worth seeing.
7. Body shape - whose list is weight and body shape improvements not on? I just want more time in my life to put in an hour of body sculpting and cardio. Years ago, taught step aerobics and I miss it.
This is off the subject because I'm finishes with the wish list. Remember, The Compass is much more the realist so a few items on a wish list is about all I can do.
Dierks Bentley's song "With the Band" makes me think of you every time I hear it. It so sounds like something you would say!
I should have sent this to the editor before trying to post it. But I think I've caught most of the mistakes.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Well I've got a few updates on achieved goals since I last posted.
Number one, I got to meet Brooks & Dunn. I was in San Antonio last weekend and I got chosen for a meet and greet before their concert. Kix Brooks is a lot taller than he looks like, and so is Ronnie Dunn. They both made me look like a little person. They put on a great concert as usual. If you don't have their two greatest hits CDs, I don't know what you're thinking.
Number two, a weight update on my 21 pound weight challenge: I've lost 6 pounds already. So this seems to be humming right away.
Number three, the girl/relationship, well I actually went out on a date tonight. And let's just say I'm not getting any closer to the correct girl/relationship. She was younger than me, which is fine as long as she doesn't act so young. We went to dinner and then for ice cream, and yes, I had a good time but there won't be a second date.
I'm still wondering where the compass is gone to? I was sure the compass would have some comments on the new goals for low and I haven't heard a thing?
Saturday, February 7, 2009
I have set some new goals for LOW. There are some places that I still want to go to and some things I still want to see. So here is the list for now.melissa lee
1. Angel Falls: Angel Falls is the highest waterfall in the world. It's 19 times higher than Niagara Falls. It's along the border of Venezuela and Brazil. In certain sections, it plunges unbroken for over half a mile. This is something I'll want to see before I go.
2. Wikipedia: I want to have a listing for myself in Wikipedia. I'm not sure why, I just think it would be cool. So before I go, I want to turn myself into a listing in Wikipedia.
3. China: I want to go to China to see the Great Wall and all the other historical sites.
4. Brooks & Dunn: As many of you know, I love Brooks & Dunn. I've been to many of their concerts, but I've never actually met them. So before I go, I want to actually meet Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn.
5. First-Class: I want to always fly first class without even thinking about it. I fly first class alot right now but always have to think twice and see how good a deal I can get. I want to be in the position to where there is no question. I always fly first class.
6. Net Jets: I know this kind of goes against number five, but I have to take things in steps. There is a company called Net Jets which allows you to own part of a jet. It's kind of like a timeshare for a jet. You pay a certain entry fee, a certain amount per month, and a certain amount for every hour you fly. And you basically have your own private jet. I think this would be really cool.
7. Maid/Housekeeper: I have a maid/housekeeper that comes once a week now, but it would be so nice if I had one that would come each day. So, it goes on the list of goals to have a maid/housekeeper full time.
8. Assistant: I have an assistant now which you've heard about, Cassie, and she is absolutely fabulous. But on the goal list I'm going to put a full-time assistant just to do things that I don't want to have to do. One more thing with this assistant, I want this full-time assistant to be a no problem assistant. Whenever you ask for something, or need something, or just want something it's "No Problem, Mr. Wilde."
9. Madonna: Madonna is someone I've never seen in concert. I don't drive down the road listening to her music very often but she is someone that I've always wanted to see in concert and I think is a legend who would put on a very good show.
10. The Corrs: The Corrs are one of my favorite bands of all time. They are from Ireland and perform Irish style music. There are three sisters and a brother. I have talked about them before on LOW and I'm always recommending their CDs and DVDs. They are really really good. Right now they're not touring but if they ever tour again it is definitely on the list of a concert I must see.
11. Private Show: I would like to have a private show/party and have a big-name artist perform. Maybe Brooks & Dunn or Restless Heart for my own private party/concert and invite whomever I wanted to. I think that would be really cool.
12. Business: Wildeco, Inc. is growing year after year but I would like to grow it to the next level. Right now, we have three part-time employees, so I'm going to stretch and say that I would like to have 25 full-time employees.
13. CTO: I love technology. I'm always trying out the newest things. I'm on the leading edge. As soon as something new comes out I've got it and were implementing it at our office. But I need a chief technology officer. There's lots of little things that even the three part-time employees are always needing help with which takes away from my time to build business which in turn moves me closer to goals #5, 6 and 12. So it would be great to have a full-time CTO.
14. Eighth Annual Wildeco Festival: We used to have something called Wildefest. I would like to bring this back once a year. I take all of my employees/friends somewhere expenses paid and just have fun.
15. Hummer/Lexus/Cadillac: Yes, we're talking vehicles. So I haven't quite decided yet but it's between the Hummer H2, the Lexus LX 470, or the Cadillac Escalade. Black of course, gray interior, and every option you can possibly get.
16. Chef: I figured out long ago when you eat healthy and correctly you feel so much better, not just physically but emotionally and all the way around. So I would like to have a full-time chef to provide regular well balanced meals.
17. Weight: Due to some health issues in the past year, I've gained some weight that I'm not comfortable with. My goal would be to lose 21 pounds. With the help of my trainer, Amber, and eating properly I know this can be accomplished. I'll keep you posted.
18. The Book: I've always said for as long as I can remember that I was going to write a book. I still want to get this book written and that's part of what this blog is all about. It is a collection of stories of my life that can eventually go inside the LOW book.
19. The Girl/Relationship: I will end with this. Yes, I would like the girl/relationship. Someone who has the same definition of commitment that I have, which is "the definition of commitment is doing the thing you said you would do long after the feeling you said it in has left you." In other words, let's use a food analogy. We've all been in the position where we've just finished with a big steak dinner and a big dessert. We've eaten so much that we are miserable. We say to ourselves, "I'm going to stop eating like this. This is ridiculous. From now on I'm going to be healthy, start working out and eating right." That's easy to commit to then because our stomachs are full, but then what are we doing at midnight? We're digging in the freezer for ice cream. Once again "the definition of commitment is doing the things you said you would do long after the feeling you said them in has left you." This is what I'm looking for in a relationship. A girl that has that same level of commitment towards me that I would have towards her. Of course when you first start dating, its easy because you're in the honeymoon and that person can do no wrong. But what about when that person gets the flu? What about when bills start hitting? What about when life sets in and the mundane things of everyday start to happen? I want someone and need someone that will honor their commitment. Yes, I know I have some shallow things on my list but ultimately I want someone who has integrity and a strong character.
I would love to hear some of your goals. Think back to when you were a child and you thought anything was possible. What were some of the goals you had or still have secretly? Leave them in the comments. You can leave them anonymously but LOW would love to hear some of your goals.
Okay, that is all for now. I'll turn it over to the Compass. I'm sure the Compass will have some feedback on these goals. The Compass asked at the beginning of the year what were some goals for LOW. Well here you go, Compass. Lets hear what you have to say.
For some of the new LOW followers, if you're wondering who the compass is the Compass is an old friend that I've known for a very long time. I nicknamed this person, the Compass, because no matter what's going on in my life I can share it with the Compass and this person seems to always know north from south and east from west. Although I've known this person for a very long time, in the last few years our friendship has forged. I'm honored to call the Compass one of my best friends and I appreciate all the guidance over the years.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Number One: Sarah Lane
I first learned of Sarah through Tech TV. She was one of the hosts of the Screensavers. I have met her before at a taping of the screensavers I went to while in San Francisco. She's very tiny, as in short, and very very very thin, very beautiful long hair and she's geeky on top of that.
Number Two: Justine
Justine is probably the most beautiful of them all. She is a full-time life caster. Which just means, as her job, she blogs and puts everything she does online. I saw on her blog that she was riding the bus up to Petaluma to the Twit Cottage to see Leo the other day. It's the same bus I rode just two weeks ago to see Leo and the Twit Cottage. She's extremely geeky and extremely beautiful.
Number Three: Veronica Belmont
Veronica is the co-host of Tekzilla, which is a video podcast that comes out once a week. It's definitely a good podcast to watch if you're into technology. She seems very cool and very geeky as well. I'm surprised of how many girls that are beautiful that are also geeky.
I am linking to all three of their websites, so I would be very curious of what the LOW followers have to say about them. On top of being extremely beautiful, all three of them put out extremely good content. So check them out and leave some comments and let me know what you think.