- Part 11994 is truly where my love affair began and was cemented with Brooks & Dunn. I had always heard stories of people camping out for concert tickets. I decided I wanted to try with……… Brooks & Dunn. They were scheduled to perform in Abilene. So I loaded up one of my friends on a Sunday evening and drove over thinking we would be the only people outside the ticket office. Tickets were set to go on sale at 8 AM the next morning.
When we arrived there were already 20 or so people that had beaten us to it. We got our meager camping supplies out and got in line, so to speak. That was one long night. It rained, thundered and lightening but we never wavered. The other people in line, whom were much more prepared than us, provided shelter and warm drinks.
- Random Brooks & Dunn Facts 1994
- Waitin' on Sundown Tour
- ACM Top Vocal Duet
- Album "Brand New Man" certified Quadruple Platinum
- Album "Hard Workin Man" certified Triple Platinum
- Album "Waitin' On Sundown" released (9/27/94)
- Album "Waitin' On Sundown" certified Gold and Platinum
- CMA Album of the Year, "Common Thread: The Songs of the Eagles"
- CMA Vocal Duo of the Year
- Radio & Records Reader's Poll, Best Duo
- Single "I'll Never Forgive My Heart" (#2)
- Single "She's Not the Cheatin' Kind" (#1)
- Single "That Ain't No Way To Go" (#1)
- TNN/Country Weekly Awards, Vocal Duo of the Year
Friday, March 23, 2012
B&D Part 1
at 5:00 PM