I have set some new goals for LOW. There are some places that I still want to go to and some things I still want to see. So here is the list for now.melissa lee
1. Angel Falls: Angel Falls is the highest waterfall in the world. It's 19 times higher than Niagara Falls. It's along the border of Venezuela and Brazil. In certain sections, it plunges unbroken for over half a mile. This is something I'll want to see before I go.
2. Wikipedia: I want to have a listing for myself in Wikipedia. I'm not sure why, I just think it would be cool. So before I go, I want to turn myself into a listing in Wikipedia.
3. China: I want to go to China to see the Great Wall and all the other historical sites.
4. Brooks & Dunn: As many of you know, I love Brooks & Dunn. I've been to many of their concerts, but I've never actually met them. So before I go, I want to actually meet Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn.
5. First-Class: I want to always fly first class without even thinking about it. I fly first class alot right now but always have to think twice and see how good a deal I can get. I want to be in the position to where there is no question. I always fly first class.
6. Net Jets: I know this kind of goes against number five, but I have to take things in steps. There is a company called Net Jets which allows you to own part of a jet. It's kind of like a timeshare for a jet. You pay a certain entry fee, a certain amount per month, and a certain amount for every hour you fly. And you basically have your own private jet. I think this would be really cool.
7. Maid/Housekeeper: I have a maid/housekeeper that comes once a week now, but it would be so nice if I had one that would come each day. So, it goes on the list of goals to have a maid/housekeeper full time.
8. Assistant: I have an assistant now which you've heard about, Cassie, and she is absolutely fabulous. But on the goal list I'm going to put a full-time assistant just to do things that I don't want to have to do. One more thing with this assistant, I want this full-time assistant to be a no problem assistant. Whenever you ask for something, or need something, or just want something it's "No Problem, Mr. Wilde."
9. Madonna: Madonna is someone I've never seen in concert. I don't drive down the road listening to her music very often but she is someone that I've always wanted to see in concert and I think is a legend who would put on a very good show.
10. The Corrs: The Corrs are one of my favorite bands of all time. They are from Ireland and perform Irish style music. There are three sisters and a brother. I have talked about them before on LOW and I'm always recommending their CDs and DVDs. They are really really good. Right now they're not touring but if they ever tour again it is definitely on the list of a concert I must see.
11. Private Show: I would like to have a private show/party and have a big-name artist perform. Maybe Brooks & Dunn or Restless Heart for my own private party/concert and invite whomever I wanted to. I think that would be really cool.
12. Business: Wildeco, Inc. is growing year after year but I would like to grow it to the next level. Right now, we have three part-time employees, so I'm going to stretch and say that I would like to have 25 full-time employees.
13. CTO: I love technology. I'm always trying out the newest things. I'm on the leading edge. As soon as something new comes out I've got it and were implementing it at our office. But I need a chief technology officer. There's lots of little things that even the three part-time employees are always needing help with which takes away from my time to build business which in turn moves me closer to goals #5, 6 and 12. So it would be great to have a full-time CTO.
14. Eighth Annual Wildeco Festival: We used to have something called Wildefest. I would like to bring this back once a year. I take all of my employees/friends somewhere expenses paid and just have fun.
15. Hummer/Lexus/Cadillac: Yes, we're talking vehicles. So I haven't quite decided yet but it's between the Hummer H2, the Lexus LX 470, or the Cadillac Escalade. Black of course, gray interior, and every option you can possibly get.
16. Chef: I figured out long ago when you eat healthy and correctly you feel so much better, not just physically but emotionally and all the way around. So I would like to have a full-time chef to provide regular well balanced meals.
17. Weight: Due to some health issues in the past year, I've gained some weight that I'm not comfortable with. My goal would be to lose 21 pounds. With the help of my trainer, Amber, and eating properly I know this can be accomplished. I'll keep you posted.
18. The Book: I've always said for as long as I can remember that I was going to write a book. I still want to get this book written and that's part of what this blog is all about. It is a collection of stories of my life that can eventually go inside the LOW book.
19. The Girl/Relationship: I will end with this. Yes, I would like the girl/relationship. Someone who has the same definition of commitment that I have, which is "the definition of commitment is doing the thing you said you would do long after the feeling you said it in has left you." In other words, let's use a food analogy. We've all been in the position where we've just finished with a big steak dinner and a big dessert. We've eaten so much that we are miserable. We say to ourselves, "I'm going to stop eating like this. This is ridiculous. From now on I'm going to be healthy, start working out and eating right." That's easy to commit to then because our stomachs are full, but then what are we doing at midnight? We're digging in the freezer for ice cream. Once again "the definition of commitment is doing the things you said you would do long after the feeling you said them in has left you." This is what I'm looking for in a relationship. A girl that has that same level of commitment towards me that I would have towards her. Of course when you first start dating, its easy because you're in the honeymoon and that person can do no wrong. But what about when that person gets the flu? What about when bills start hitting? What about when life sets in and the mundane things of everyday start to happen? I want someone and need someone that will honor their commitment. Yes, I know I have some shallow things on my list but ultimately I want someone who has integrity and a strong character.
I would love to hear some of your goals. Think back to when you were a child and you thought anything was possible. What were some of the goals you had or still have secretly? Leave them in the comments. You can leave them anonymously but LOW would love to hear some of your goals.
Okay, that is all for now. I'll turn it over to the Compass. I'm sure the Compass will have some feedback on these goals. The Compass asked at the beginning of the year what were some goals for LOW. Well here you go, Compass. Lets hear what you have to say.
For some of the new LOW followers, if you're wondering who the compass is the Compass is an old friend that I've known for a very long time. I nicknamed this person, the Compass, because no matter what's going on in my life I can share it with the Compass and this person seems to always know north from south and east from west. Although I've known this person for a very long time, in the last few years our friendship has forged. I'm honored to call the Compass one of my best friends and I appreciate all the guidance over the years.